A SHORT-ISH INTRO TO THE GIRL BEHIND THE BLOG
hello, i’m chloe, a seventeen-year-old student from hong kong in my sixth year of secondary school (equivalent to high school senior year) with a tremendous love for books, marshmallows, and pudding. ♡ i enjoy studying calculus (although i utterly suck at it), visiting new countries, messing around with 35mm film, and trying my hand at all kinds of art and design.
being asian myself, i love, looove, love seeing asians represented in literature, in particular middle grade and young adult novels. i’m also a huge fan of fluffy romances, especially those set in foreign cities i hope to visit one day. i love you so mochi by sarah kuhn, this time will be different by misa sugiura, starfish by akemi dawn bowman, and somewhere only we know by maurene goo are a few of my favorites.
i’m trilingual – i speak cantonese, mandarin and english (i took arabic and german a few years back, but don’t consider myself fluent enough to count them as languages i speak)
tofu is my favorite ice cream flavor
i have a dog named coffee (but i don’t drink coffee, lol)
according to old pottermore, i’m a slytherin, but new pottermore says i’m a gryffindor
tokyo, paris and the scottish highlands are my favorite places on earth
lady gaga, lana del rey, queen (the british band), videoclub and taylor swift are my favorite musicians
i’m a classically trained violinist, but i don’t play anymore
i love asian food – chinese hot pot, kimchi fried rice and chicken pad see ew are some of my absolute favorites!
i love and look up to team usa’s figure skaters a lot, especially vincent zhou!
i’m an aspiring law student, and i hope to study law in the uk :))
i’m an avid traveler, and love exploring different countries and their cultures
hamilton hamilton hamilton!!!
ABOUT THE BLOG
marshmallow pudding was founded in may of 2019. its name is taken from two of the blogger’s favorite sweet foods – marshmallows and pudding. the blogger believes that, like desserts, books are made of sugar, spice and everything nice, and are a necessity in everyday life. other than bookish rambles, you’ll be able to find posts about travel, art and other lovely things.
AWARD NOMINATIONS AND MENTIONS
(this is just for keeping track ♡)
- march 23, 2020 – skye @ the quiet pond: the pond book news #32 – The Pond Book News #32 – Asian-Authored Book News: Ghost Brides, Mythical Foxes & A City of Lights (book community spotlight ; book blogger)
- june 29, 2020 – ruby @ ruby reads and reviews: Mystery Blogger Award
- july 6, 2020 – lori @ the reading fairy: 2020 Book Blogger Awards Nominations (best pre-teen / teen book blogger)
- july 9, 2020 – act your page: 2020 Book Blogger Award Nominations (best blog aesthetic)
- july 14, 2020 – rhi @ marshmallow harmonies – The 2020 Book Blogger Awards ft. My Nominations And All The Blogger Love And Positivity (best book recommendations)
- july 18, 2020 – ash @ starlight strands: My Nominations for the 2020 Book Blogger Awards // spreading ALL the blogger love! (best blog aesthetic)
- july 21, 2020 – annie @ blossoms and bullet journals: My Nominations for the 2020 Book Blogger Awards (best blog aesthetic)
- july 23, 2020 – xandra @ starry sky books: My Nominations for the 2020 Book Blogger Awards // 25+ bloggers you need to follow! (best blog aesthetic)
- july 23, 2020 – tiffany @ read by tiffany: The Fourth Annual Book Blogger Awards: My 2020 Nominations (best blog aesthetic)
- july 26, 2020 – rivalie @ small stained pages: SPREADING CONFETTI AND LOVE | FOURTH ANNUAL 2020 BOOK BLOGGER AWARDS (friendliest member of the community)
- july 26, 2020 – julie @ struck by stories: Thoughts: My Nominations for the 2020 Book Blogger Awards! // in which I gush about all my favs & promote smaller bloggers ♥ (friendliest member of the community)
THANKS FOR THE VISIT! WON’T YOU STAY AWHILE? ♡